INTERLUDE: Moving to London & Global Pandemic

It's been a long time since I've written in this blog which is disappointing! When I started it I wanted to make sure I wrote regularly. However, I think I have a good reason for the hiatus which is that my husband and I moved to London (United Kingdom, not Canada) in January. We had thought we might get relocated but when we got the notice that we would actually be moving it all happened rather quickly. It was right before Christmas so we spent the holidays with family, packed up, and then moved. I'll spare you the moving details (it was a NIGHTMARE) but now that were settled in London things are starting to feel less chaotic.
However, we are now the midst of a global pandemic. Coronavirus has changed the world and we are all doing our best to cope with the state of affairs which is pretty dismal. We're on house arrest here in London and are trying to stay upbeat and positive despite how awful the past few weeks have been.
I started a new job which I loved and then got sent home indefinitely a mere three weeks later. It's all just been A LOT.
Normally, I would bake and cook to deal with the stress and anxiety but our things have still not arrived from the United States. I have no cooking or baking equipment! The delivery is scheduled for this Wednesday, but we'll see if it is able to get here considering the city-wide lockdown that is occurring.
I hope that isolating will help subdue this terrible virus that is just wreaking havoc on so many lives at the moment. It's hard to think about what's going on outside of these four walls without being overcome with a sense of dread and depression. We are keeping busy and lifting each other up any way that we can.
Italy has been hit incredibly hard by the pandemic. My heart is with all Italians during this dark time. The virus hit with hardly any warning and no one could have anticipated it would spread so quickly and be so lethal in such a short amount of time.
One good thing, it's finally sunny out. It had been cold and raining since we arrived in late January (I'm not kidding, it had rained every single day for two months) but the sun's out now and even though we are under lockdown it's still nice to have the sun streaming in through the windows for the first time in what has felt like a very long time.
When and if our things arrive, I have a long list of pastry projects that I want to tackle. Until then, amore e preghiere.

Comments

Popular Posts